Friday, November 30, 2012

October 24th Anniversary

October 24th marked our one year of dating!

This year has been such a growing and learning experience. If anyone says "relationships are so easy, piece of cake and you'll always be happy" is a filthy liar who needs a reality check.

Relationships are hard work!! But we chose to work at it every single day because of all the sweet sweet love we have for each other! There is no one else I'd rather work for than this guy! He's worth it. 

  • There have been times when insecurities and jealousy get the best of me. Same for him.
  • There's been times when my pride gets in the way of forgiving quickly. Same for him.
  • There's been times when I want more attention and when I don't get it, I pout and take offense. He forgives me the second i apologize when I realize i'm being a booger.
  • There's been times when I get upset over NOTHING and instead of dropping it, i drag it on and on because I have a tendency to want to have the last word. He puts up with my crap and doesn't put me down,...he just waits for me to "snap out of it" and accepts my apology.
  • There's been times where he gets mad thinking of other boys I have liked cause he gets jealous. I forgive him quickly too cause i understand we both have insecurities. 
  • There's been times where he suffers the full effects of my PMS. Oops? I get so snappy and mean and irritated with everything he does. But he is so patient and kind,...I don't know how he does it. I even get annoyed with myself!!
  • There's been times where he gets mad at things that seem "dumb boy stuff" to me. But i am learning to be understanding and patient with him, just like he is with me. 
I could go on forever on all that we have learned this year. I have learned so much that I can't even put into words all that this relationship has taught me. 


October 24th, 2012

I came home from school to a dozen BEAUTIFUL long stem red roses! my heart melted! They were gorgeous!! Next to it was a little box full of little movietickets, calling cards (from when I went to Peru and he would call me every single morning), airplane tickets, etc...it was a memory box. He has a big memory box but this one he gave to me with a few of his own memories from our year together in order for me to start my own. Next to it was the sweetest 2 page letter. A looooove letter ;) I cried my eyes out. 

That night, he told me to get dressed up cause he made reservations. OoOoohh la la!! When he showed up I gave him his gift from me. A CD-Movie I made of our entire year in pictures, videos and song. I'm kinda awesome. Then we gave each other our nice gift. 

I got him a pair of the new Nike free runs 4.0. Ballllin'!! He loved them and he deserved them!
He got me a STUNNING gold and silver colored Michael Kors watch. Flossssssy!!

Dinner was at "the house of tricks". It was gorgeous but wayyyyy ridiculously expensive. So, i thanked him so much for wanting to make our night so special but that was too much. So, we did "US" and went to PANDA! Then we just hung out together like usual. It was perfect! I had my perfect guy and a perfect learning year together. 

Love is sweet. I don't know where I would be with out him in my life. I cannot wait for next year ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment